The Cincinnati Sand Blast Company was established in the late 1800’s era located in Cincinnati, OH. Cincinnati Sandblast Co. was most well known for designing and manufacturing early reverse-painted glass signs. These Cincinnati Sandblast Signs were made of reverse-painted glass and gold / silver leafed glass lenses framed in a copper or bronzed metal frame. They produced these glass signs for various companies and industries across the country. The only other sign manufacturing competitors of this style of reverse-painted and gold leaf glass lenses signs were two companies called Dawes Manufacturing Company Inc. located in Pittsburgh, PA and the Western Sandblast Company located in Chicago, IL; all of which were in operation around the same time.
Some of the most well known round and oval glass signs were ones made for breweries. Various breweries across the country hired Cincinnati Sand Blast Company to produce signs to advertise both their product as well as the brewery themselves. Among these breweries were Napa City, Duluth, Moose, Hamms, Kern, Born & Co., Columbia, Centerville, Bellingham, Buffalo, Schlitz, Kamms, and Trommers just to name a few.
Below are a few examples of Cincinnati Sand Blast Company signs: