The Eureka Sign Company was established in the late 1800’s to early 1900’s era and was located in Tarentum, PA. Eureka Sign Co started out as a sign manufacturing company and was most well known for hand painted signs on the sides of brick buildings as well as manufacturing large reverse-painted glass and metal accented signs for various industries and companies across the country.
Breweries in particular took a liking to the style of large reverse-painted glass signs that Eureka Sign Co. was producing at the time. A lot of breweries hired them to create signs that advertising both the brewery as well as the beer, ale, porter products that they were selling. These signs mainly were displayed in the brewery themselves as well as being the bar of taverns and hotels as a main focal eye-catching centerpiece. Among these brewers were breweries like Barbey’s Inc., Reading, Deppen, Lauer, Stegmaier, Lykens, Yuengling, Kaiers, Eagle, Geo. Doehne, Mauch Chunk, Jos. Lieberman & Sons, Neuweiler, Bergner & Engel, Gibbons, Lion, Erie, and Flocks just to name a few.
Below are a few examples of Eureka Sign Company signs: