The Everbrite Sign Company was founded by Charles J. Wamser and established in 1927 located in Milwaukee, WI. The company originally was names Sheet Metal Products inc. until 1935 when they changed names to Everbrite Electric Signs Inc. The sign company quickly made a name for themselves for producing large porcelain enamel and reverse-painted-glass advertising signs for various industries and companies across the country and quickly became a national leader in the porcelain sign and illuminated sign industry.
As prohibition faded into history in 1933, a booming demand for beer signs arose. This led to a significant production increase, not to mention the start of what was to become a long-standing relationship with the brewing industry. With the metal shortage that followed WWII in the 1940’s, the company had to switched to non-metal material such as composite and wood to continue production of it’s signs.
Everbrite is still in business to this day and still produces quality advertising signs for various markets including automotive, brewery, convenience stores, medical, retail, petroleum and quick service restaurants, to name a few.
They made various signs for breweries like Kingsbury, Fox Head, Leinenkugel, and Schlitz just to name a few.
Below are a few examples of Everbrite Signs: